St. George parish is introducing the gift of small faith sharing groups during the season of Lent (6 weeks.) WE are inviting parishioners to form groups of 8 to 12 people who could meet regularly at any time over the six weeks (February 10 to March 23) focusing on the upcoming Sunday Gospel. It will be a chance to pray, share and journey together during this most sacred season. The groups can vary. It could be a group of friends, people who live in the same neighbourhood or in the same building complex.
- Welcome and Social time prior to the time of prayer
- Opening prayer and check in (how is everyone doing?)
- Listing to the Warm Up gospel reflection from the parish website
- Using the “Action Guide” available on the parish website or from the facilitator to help reflect on the gospel reading and how it relates to your life
- Closing Prayer
We can also have people sign up who are interested but do not have their own group. You can sign up on-line or at the Welcome Desk in the narthex and we will help you join or form a group.
We are also looking for facilitators (or hosts) to help lead our small faith sharing groups.The responsibilities for a host include:
- Host the group at your house/residence
- Lead the group through the evening agenda of reflection and sharing
- Coordinate members of the group to bring snacks to share
- Access to the weekly Warm Up gospel reflection and Action Guide
- Maintain communications with your group members
Facilitator workshops are taking place on the following dates. If you are interested, please come to of these two gatherings.
Monday, January 18 from 7:00 to 8:15 pm
Monday, January 25 from 7:00 to 8:15 pm